IEEE SDN eLearning Modules
IEEE SDN now offers a collection of online courses in the field of Software Defined Networking, Network Function Virtualization, and related technologies. Learn from industry experts about topics that include the fundamentals of SDN and NFV, security and management challenges, the latest SDN open source platforms, and more. Participants also have the opportunity to earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Professional Development Hours (PDHs) with each course.
Virtualization and Softwarization in 5G Systems - 25th April, 2018, 11 a.m. EDT/p>
Prof. Fabrizio Granelli, , University of Trento, Italy
5G cellular networks are expected to support an unprecedented step forward in terms of capacity and flexibility. The webinar is aimed at describing how virtualization and softwarization paradigms are expected to shape the architecture and functionalities of 5G systems. After introducing the concepts of virtualization and softwarization applied to services and networks, the webinar will describe, starting from the LTE reference architecture, the evolutionary paths towards the next generation: the Cloud RAN, where baseband functions are (partially and completely) moved deeper in the network in more centralized locations, and hosted on general-purpose server hardware using virtualization technologies, and network slicing, a key solution to support the emerging concept of multi-tenancy network sharing. The audience will thus learn the novel paradigms that will be included in 5G as well as several deployment scenarios.
NFV/SDN Reality Check: IEEE Tackles SDN, NFV and ‘Softwarization’ Coming of Age
Eileen Healy, co-chair of the IEEE SDN Initiative appears on NFV/SDN Reality Check on RCR Wireless News where she chats with host Dan Meyer about IEEE's efforts to address the main techno-economic aspects concerning SDN and NFV.
European Conference on Networks and Communications
Visit the EuCNC 2014 Video Blog to watch video interviews of the event, including Mario Campolargo (European Commission, Brussels) and Antonio Manzalini (Telecom Italia, Italy) discussing the future of 5G.
SDN Keynote Presentations
- A Global Operating System «from the Things to the Clouds» - How enabling X-as-a-Service (PDF, 2 MB)
- Software Defined Infrastructure: The FELIX architecture blueprint and implementation experience (PDF, 3 MB)
- SDN and NFV as expressions of a systemic trend «integrating» Cloud, Networks and Terminals (PDF, 2 MB)
- SDN and NFV for Network Cloud Computing (PDF, 3 MB)
- Towards 5G: Challenges, Risks and Opportunities (PDF, 1 MB)
- Softwarization and the Disappearing Internet of Things (PDF, 3 MB)
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) (PDF, 1 MB)
- Softwarization: A Shift of Paradigm (PDF, 2 MB)
- Edge Softwarization (PDF, 2 MB)
- Cognition-as-a-Service in 5G Networks (PDF, 1 MB)
A series of introductory talks, focusing on the concepts behind SDN and presenting a vision of its role in the networking market, given by researchers and professionals directly involved in the development of the new SDN paradigm.
- Nick McKeown - Stanford University
Appleton Lecture 2014 - Software Defined Networks and the Maturing of the Internet
From: IET Appleton Lecture 2014, 30 April 2014, London
Go to Webcast
- How SDN will shape Networking
- Scott Shenker - University of California Berkeley
- Dan Pitt - Open Networking Foundation
University style courses given by Professors for students.
- Raj - Jain Washington University in Saint Louis
- Nick Feamster Georgia Institute of Technology
Educational experiments for graduate students or networking professionals
Market oriented events
Talks given at event of commercial nature for operators, vendors or network providers and integrators.
- Amin Vahdat - Google
- Martin Casado - VM Ware
Market oriented blogs
- SDN Central
- CPLANE NETWORKS