IEEE SDN and IEEE IoT Webinar: SDN in LANs: Programming the Network to Secure IoT Traffic - 9 November 2016
Matthieu Boussard and Nicolas Le Sauze, Nokia Bell Labs
The webinar will present results from an internal research project that aims at giving back to users control over their connected lives. By using virtualization and software-defined networking we scout the future of connected environments, in which dedicated, isolated network overlays, within and across administrative domains, are automatically set up on behalf of the users. The resulting solution provides means for users to have fine grained control over the sharing and composition of their IoT resources, by explicitly defining which resources should be shared, with whom and how, while relieving them of the underlying networking technical complexity. We will describe the overall solution before illustrating its behavior in a number of scenarios, insisting on its benefits and challenges such as security & privacy.
NFV/SDN Reality Check: IEEE Tackles SDN, NFV and ‘Softwarization’ Coming of Age
Eileen Healy, co-chair of the IEEE SDN Initiative appears on NFV/SDN Reality Check on RCR Wireless News where she chats with host Dan Meyer about IEEE's efforts to address the main techno-economic aspects concerning SDN and NFV.
Visit the EuCNC 2014 Video Blog to watch video interviews of the event, including Mario Campolargo (European Commission, Brussels) and Antonio Manzalini (Telecom Italia, Italy) discussing the future of 5G.
SDN Keynote Presentations
- A Global Operating System «from the Things to the Clouds» - How enabling X-as-a-Service (PDF, 2 MB)
- Software Defined Infrastructure: The FELIX architecture blueprint and implementation experience (PDF, 3 MB)
- SDN and NFV as expressions of a systemic trend «integrating» Cloud, Networks and Terminals (PDF, 2 MB)
- SDN and NFV for Network Cloud Computing (PDF, 3 MB)
- Towards 5G: Challenges, Risks and Opportunities (PDF, 1 MB)
- Softwarization and the Disappearing Internet of Things (PDF, 3 MB)
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) (PDF, 1 MB)
- Softwarization: A Shift of Paradigm (PDF, 2 MB)
- Edge Softwarization (PDF, 2 MB)
- Cognition-as-a-Service in 5G Networks (PDF, 1 MB)
A series of introductory talks, focusing on the concepts behind SDN and presenting a vision of its role in the networking market, given by researchers and professionals directly involved in the development of the new SDN paradigm.
- Nick McKeown - Stanford University
- Scott Shenker - University of California Berkeley
- Dan Pitt - Open Networking Foundation
University style courses given by Professors for students.
- Raj - Jain Washington University in Saint Louis
- Nick Feamster Georgia Institute of Technology
Educational experiments for graduate students or networking professionals
Market oriented events
Talks given at event of commercial nature for operators, vendors or network providers and integrators.
- Amin Vahdat - Google
- Martin Casado - VM Ware
Market oriented blogs
- SDN Central
- CPLANE NETWORKS